Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS) is a central government financial assistance scheme for Senior Citizens of India. Under IGNOAPS, govt. of India provide pension to citizens with age more than 60 years. This National Old Age Pension Scheme covers people of all states and union territories of India.
Senior Citizen Pension Scheme comes under National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) of India. In this Yojana, the amount of Financial help gets directly send to post office account or bank account of the person. This ensures that pension should reach to the beneficiary on time.
Main Objective of the Scheme
Behind the launch of Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS), the main aim is to ensure the better life for citizens in old age.
Eligibility Criteria for Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of India.
- Applicant age must be 60 years or above.
- He/ She should belong to Below Poverty Line (BPL) category as per central govt. norms
- The applicant is not taking benefit of any other Social Welfare Pension Scheme from central or state government.
- In case the applying person is taking benefit scheme including the widow, handicapped or any other plan. His/ her application will not accept.
Amount of Pension
Under IGNAOPS two amount have been decided as financial help on the basis of age. See it below
- For the person with age of 60 years above and below 80 years, Rs. 300 decided as financial help.
- While Old Age Pension of Rs. 500 given to citizen with age more than 80 years.
How to Apply
First of all applicant should check eligibility from above, if the applicant is eligible then download form from below and submit completly filled application to local bodies.