The State Government of Odisha has started a new pension scheme for widows, old age persons and handicapped of the state. Name of the scheme is “ Madhu Babu Pension Yojana” for all eligible beneficiaries of the state. it is state level pension scheme which will be covered around 50 lakh people. The scheme has implemented on August 15, 2017 according to directions of Chief Minister by the District Collectors.
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana was introduced in 2008 by merging two pension schemes named Revised Old Age Pension Rules, 1989 and Disability Pension Rules, 1985. This pension scheme will apply for all such as widows, disabled and old age persons of the state.
Eligibility Criteria for Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Odisha
Here are the details related with eligibility for MBPY
- Age of the applicants should be 60 years or above for old age beneficiaries.
- No age limits required for widows and physically disabled persons.
- Annual income from all sources should not be exceeding Rs.24000 as confirmed by the Tehsildar.
- Beneficiary should be the permanent resident of Odisha.
- If applicants are getting benefits from other pension schemes implemented under the state government will not be eligible for the pension.
Amount of Madhu Babu Pension Scheme
The Odisha Government wants to improve the living condition of widows, disabled and senior citizens of the state. Under this scheme, government will provide Rs. 300 per month for those who are between 60-79 years. Rs. 500 will be given to those beneficiaries who have age of 80 years or above.
The amount of pension will be transferred directly into the bank accounts of applicants on the 15th of month. Candidates can also be taken the benefits of scheme from Jan Seva Diwas at the Gram Panchayat Office or Block Development Office.
For more details and information candidates can stay with us.